Senior Spotlights

Kaden Hughes

Keshaun Williams points at the camera before the pre-game speech from Coach Martin. The wide receiver and defensive back plays on both offense and defense, flagging down passes on both sides of the ball.

Angie Twombly, Editor-in-Chief

During the 2020-2021 school year fall sports were called off throughout the whole Omaha Public School District and many students were upset about it. Now as they are in the 2021-2022 school year seniors are giving them their opinions on how missing a year has affected them. 

Keshaun Williams is a football player at Omaha North High School, and he plays the positions of a wide receiver and safety. 

Williams missed his junior year sports season due to the Covid 19 so when OPS shut down all fall sports, he said he was “depressed.” When Williams saw other schools playing football while North couldn’t he was angry. 

Williams regrets not cherishing his last three years of football. His goals for his last year are to make state and go to win playoffs.  

While he was not playing football Williams was working out every Tuesday since there were very limited places to play football. 

Another senior Gianna Davis, cheerleading captain, missed not being able to make the connection with her teammates like the previous years. 

Missing a year, they had trouble remembering cheers they learned the previous years and they needed improvement on jumps.  

“No one was at home jumping,” Davis said.

There were many things different about this year than last year. 

“There are less students to help cheer on the football team.” Davis said. 

By the end of the year Davis wants to form a stronger bond with her teammates and have cheerleading scholarships flying in.