The student news site of Omaha North High Magnet School

The North Star

The North Star

The North Star

North’s 2024 talent show

The Music Business class is hosting a talent show at Omaha North High School. The talent show will take place on Monday April 22 at 7pm in the North High auditorium. It will consist of show choir, jazz band, two student vocal soloists, one instrumental soloist and possibly the drill team. 

Band instructor Amber Bock teaches the new music business class at Omaha North and has been doing the event planning for the talent show. The class decided to do the talent show because the students in the class have been learning about how to plan and run events and the talent show is a great way to showcase what they have all been learning in the class.  

“The music business class is running the talent show they handle all the logistics for it the day of. They have had auditions open for students and groups to go to and audition to be in it,” Bock said.  

They students are even hosting students from McMillan Middle School’s show choir to perform at the show. 

“We are open to any acts,” Bock said. “Anyone can audition with any types of talents like dancing and singing.” 

There are about ten contestants for it.  

The students have been working on this talent show for a while.  

A lot of the students helping have been enjoying learning how to run lights and sound in the auditorium. This was a hands-on project for all the people planning it.  

“It has been great to see students take ownership and be creative with the process,” Bock said. “For our first year of trying this, we are very happy with the turn out and looking forward to making this a reoccurring event!”