The student news site of Omaha North High Magnet School

The North Star

The North Star

The North Star

Importance of self-care

Graphic by Alea Kinney

Valentine’s Day is focused on love and romantic relationships, but it is still important to focus on self care too. Everyone deserves to be happy on valentine’s day, even if you do not have anyone to celebrate ut with.

It is an incredibly happy holiday in general. Everyone should know this because we all matter even on days that are meant for something you might not have. Some things you can do for yourself are self-care and body care. If you are feeling bad about not having a present or gifts, you can go out and treat yourself, buy some chocolate or go out to dinner. Something just to make you feel good about yourself.

Another good thing you can do for yourself is just spend time with your family or friends so you can still feel loved and appreciated. It is good to just be kind to yourself, in general you will appreciate it in the long run. Stores help contribute to this self-careon Valentine’s Day by having sales. For instance, according to Sephora, the beauty store has Valentine’s Day deals on skincare products, cosmetics and other beauty items. Ulta has up to 50 percent off on select beauty products.

You can go out and spoil yourself with these amazing deals various stores have going on, on Valentine’s Day. Self-care is important because you can recognize your importance more while doing these things and feel good about yourself. Self-care can help you manage stress or any problems you have like anxiety, or depression. It can help relieve that stress and focus more on yourself and your well-being.

It can help improve your mental health a lot and give you motivation to do things outside of your comfort zone. Self-care goes a long way to making you feel good and doing better for yourself and everyone around you. Some people may think selfcare is not important because they do not value themselves enough, but Valentine’s Day can be a yearly reminder of their self-importance.