The student news site of Omaha North High Magnet School

The North Star

The North Star

The North Star

The pep in pep rally

Omaha North High School had its annual fall pep rally after the fall sports season to honor the athletes and everything else they have accomplished throughout the season.  

Omaha North’s student council is a huge help with getting the pep rally put together and getting everyone to the right place, they also help with decorating for the pep rally.  

Pep club is inside of student council, but pep club is open to anyone and everyone who wants to join unlike student council which is more selective. Pep club is more focused on the school spirit, getting everyone excited, and making banners and posters.   

Pep club really does put pep in the pep rally.  The student council is more focused on helping the North High School community by putting on events and doing fundraisers.  

For the Fall season, the pep rally was held on November 17th, the last Friday before Thanksgiving Break. 

The pep rally excited everyone for the upcoming sports because many kids were not interested in the fall sports.  

The teams ran out under a big-hand tunnel formed from the pep club and the cheerleaders. 

The sports recognized were football, volleyball, cross country, boys’ tennis, and girls’ golf. Banners were placed on top of each section of the bleachers, the corresponding grade level sat underneath, volunteers from each grade level got to hand paint their banners, which made everything for each grade more personalized. 

Another event seen at the pep rally was a football player and cheerleader cheer routine that was entertaining. The performance was followed by the prompt who can cheer the loudest from each grade level, staff were unable to decide on a winner. 

The last activity at the pep rally was a pie eating contest which everyone really enjoyed because it was very humorous. They got a few students and teachers to participate, and everyone was cheering for the specific person that they wanted to win. 

At the end of the day, the crowd, and participants both seemed to enjoy the events. Smiles and laughter filled the air.