The North Star

Golden Vikings lose their gold

Fundraisers replenish lost money

Kayleah+Turner%2C+12%2C+Daevian+Danner%2C+10%2C+and+Alisha+Russell%2C+11%2C+stand+in+place+ready+to+start+their+dance.%0APhoto+by+Caitlin+Pieters+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Golden Vikings lose their gold

Kayleah Turner, 12, Daevian Danner, 10, and Alisha Russell, 11, stand in place ready to start their dance.
Photo by Caitlin Pieters

Kayleah Turner, 12, Daevian Danner, 10, and Alisha Russell, 11, stand in place ready to start their dance. Photo by Caitlin Pieters

Salena Alderson, Entertainment Editor

In the summer, North High dance team lost their funding due to conflict with their previous coach. This led to the dancers moms and their sponsor Candice Price stepping up to help the dance team to get their funding back on track.

The dance team recently had a fundraiser on September 8. They hosted a garage sale and Student Council assisted them by having a car wash as well.

The dance team has raised $1,400 from the garage sale, car wash, and from the bake sale from this summer.

Despite the funding conflicts the dance team has made some new editions to the team this year, including two new male dancers. The dance team is working hard in practice by mixing majorette with hip hop choreography.